Books to Read before the end of the year

I used to be one of those people that if you saw me, there would be a book in my hands. my favourite way to spend the day would be on my bed, under a soft warm blanket reading with a cup of coffee and a grouchy cat.

Book Love

I would love to say that I am still that girl but I really am not. I still want to be but life and hobbies and studies have gotten in the way of how much I read. Sadly unless you are studying English Literature and really love reading the classics sometimes reading a lot won't help you pass varsity.

The problem is I miss reading a good book and having that moment when your toes curl because the story is so good or crying because your favourite character died, always a fan Dobby. So I made a list 5 just 5 books that I really want to read before the year is through. They aren't studies related or even on the list of soon to be classic literature but they are books that I do want to read and hopefully will have me happy to have read them.

1. Helen Fieldings- Bridget Jones, Mad about the boy
I have heard it is a going to be classic, I have been meaning to read it for months, the problem; I hear it is very different from the first two Bridget Jones books and that makes me sad as I love those books so crossing fingers that the book will be good, for me that is.

2. Robert Galbraith- The Silkworm
JK Rowlings' other pen name, I really enjoyed the first one in the series, they were beautifully written, just a tad dark and the lead character Cormoran, is amazing, so as soon as I can get a copy that I can afford, I am buying a copy.

3. Robert Jordon- A wheel of time
The Ginger is the worlds almost biggest fan of these books, I have yet to read more than 5 pages of these, so obviously I am hoping that they will be as amazing as she keeps making them sound.

4. Eleanor Catton- The Luminaries
Everytime I walk past this book in the book store, I hear it calling my name, whilst I am fully aware not to judge a book by it's cover, surely when the cover calls you, one must respond? After all would they put a bad book in such a beautiful cover? 

5. Neil Gaimon- Coraline
It's a children's book but it looks amazing, it looks like what every child and child at heart should have read or be reading really soon.

Happy reading and many cups of coffee,

Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird