Dress my imaginary house

I am starting to nest, that stage in life where planning the future home is getting important, to be able to put up any curtains I want and to have a say in the couch.

My need to nest is not helped by the internet and certain pc games that allow me to build whatever home I want to build. I am fairly sure my fiancee is getting sick of me dragging him into furniture stores and sending him pins of things I am convinced we will need when we live together.

I may or may not have bullied him into letting me decorate his sort of flat, (Its part of his folks home but has a kitchen and own area so I am counting it as a flat). He teased me that I will be using the special box of stuff I am collecting of cute fun stuff for when we have our own place but somehow I doubt my owl teapot will be of much use in his area.

Things I learnt from  months of crawling through the internet:

1. White paint, is nearly 1000s of different shades and how to take the light you have in account with the shade of white that you chose, learnt this here. Not that we will be painting his room, but future home yeah.
2. The layout of the room is probably more important than what we often think.
3. Figure out all the thing the area needs to fill and then what you need in order for the room to work.
4. Sometimes you can do small things that have a big impact, for cheap.
5. Organise your space, seriously just that can make any place look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


blogger template by lovebird